1. What information we collect and why we collect it.
2. How we use that information.
3. The choices we offer, including how to
access and update information. We have tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to us so please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions feel free to contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To provide the best experience to you, we collect and store personal information provided by you from time to time on the Platform. When you contact us, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information you provide to us
If you are a Retailer or a Customer or a sole trader:
1. you will be asked to provide certain contact information that is necessary for the registering for a Platform account on behalf of a Retailer or a Customer, including name, residential and shop address, phone number, email address etc.;
2. you will be asked to provide certain identity information, tax registration and/or related information about your business, such as your business name, business type and industry, corporate registration details and information about your business license;
3. we will process any information provided to us in connection with disputes or to support complaints in connection with the Platform or Services purchased via the Platform. Please note, Users may submit complaints regarding the services on the Platform and/or disputes between the Retailer or a Customer to the Platform and under such circumstances, we will process data provided to us by Retailers or a Customers that is relevant to the disputes or complaints submitted. This may include data to the extent relevant to the disputes or complaints that are being reviewed by the Platform and to the extent that the individual(s) has provided their explicit consent to their data being shared with us for the purposes of handling the complaints and/or settling the disputes.
1. If you contact us via our customer services department i.e. chat service, telephone or email, we may record a copy of your correspondence and may ask for additional information to verify your identity.
2. We may collect contact details and other information of Users from publicly available sources for the purposes of verifying the Users and performing due diligence on the Users.
3. We may collect details of the User activities, transactions and interactions on the Platform including information relating to dispute and complaint records, communications between Users and any information disclosed in any discussion forum.
4. From time to time, we may also collect information, including representative contact names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses, about the existing and prospective Users, during or in connection with trade shows, industry events and/or other functions.
5. If you visit our Platform, we will automatically collect certain information from your device. Specifically, this information may include IP addresses, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), browsing patterns and details of how you have interacted with our Platform and the Services available on it. In addition, we gather statistical information about the Platform and visitors to the Platform including, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Platform, where they come from, and what content is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and standard of our Platform. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the section D “COOKIES” below.
Information that we receive from third parties
1. We may receive personal information about you from social media platforms if you choose to register for a Platform account via a social media account. Exactly what information we receive will depend on your privacy settings with the applicable platform, but it would typically include basic public profile information such as:
a. Your user name or nickname
b. Your profile picture
c. Contact details etc.
2. We may receive personal information about you from third parties that are engaged by us to assist with providing verification services and conducting suitable money laundering and KYC (know-your-customer) checks on Users. This may include your name, email address, company details and contact information. 3. If you choose to participate in reviewing or rating Services on the Platform, we may receive personal information about you from third parties that work with us to conduct reviews into our Services and/or rate us.
We may disclose (or provide access to) personal information to the following categories of recipients:
• our business partners (for example, in order for them to provide you with offers that may interest you);
• payment service providers who collect and process personal information to assist you with settling the payments for transactions or process withdrawal requests for Retailers.
• credit risk assessment providers to conduct risk assessment on Retailers to determine whether a Retailer can be permitted to make a fund withdrawal;
• cloud computing service providers to provide cloud storage services;
• risk control service providers to assess the security of Users’ accounts and transaction risks; and
• Third party rating / reviewing service providers to carry out reviews of our Services with customers if you choose to participate in reviewing or rating mKhata Services;
b. To our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organizations where we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or protect your vital interests or those of any other person, we may also disclose and transfer your personal information or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws.
d. To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We may provide aggregated or anonymized data to third parties, but when we do so, the information we share is in a de-identified format that does not personally identify you.
We may retain your personal information as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, for example, to provide Services to you, or as required or permitted by applicable laws, such as tax and accounting laws.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we may either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We use first and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical and/or security reasons in order for our Platform to operate. We refer to these as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. First party cookies are mainly served to enable basic functionality on our Platform; including web analytics cookies that help us understand how users use our web pages and how we can improve their use. For example we use essential or strictly necessary cookies to enable us to remember goods added to your mKhata.pk shopping basket and to recognize you when you sign into your mKhata.pk account.
In addition we also use social media cookies. You may register for Platform membership and "share" Platform content through social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Sometimes we embed videos from websites like YouTube. These websites have their own privacy policies which govern their use of information, which you can find on the respective websites.
Legal basis for data processing
• necessary for providing the Services pursuant to the agreement between you and mKhata and/or its affiliates (for example, to provide you with the Services you request and to identify and authenticate you so you may use the Platform);
• necessary to comply with legal requirements (for example, to comply with applicable accounting rules and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement);
• necessary for our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; and/or
• where it is based on your consent.
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our Platform and Services, manage our relationship with you and communicate with you as necessary to provide our Services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our Platform and our Services, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of ensuring the security of our Platform and Services and detecting or preventing illegal activities such as fraud. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to enter into a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time. We will advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). In some instances, you may be required to provide us with personal information for processing as described above, in order for us to be able to provide you all of our Services, and for you to use all the features of our Platform.
mKhata or mobile khata helps you manage credit, send automated collection reminders and allows you to make real-time data-based decisions on credit sales. mKhata or mobile khata is an easy to use application that is designed to simplify the process of buying and selling on credit. Replace your outdated, inefficient book-based ledger with mKhata, the leading digital ledger and credit management tool in the world!
NICL, SBASSE, Lahore University of
Management Sciences, DHA Phase V,
Lahore - Pakistan.